Policies Under Review
The policy committee of the Methacton School District's Board of School Directors is charged with reviewing and revising existing policies and proposing new policies. Throughout the year, the committee presents the entire board with the policies it is recommending for first reading. During the first reading review period, board members and constituents have a chance to offer feedback on any of the policies approved for first reading. Upon completion of the review period, the options available to the board are as follows:
- Vote to adopt the proposed policies as submitted.
- Vote to adopt the proposed policies reflective of any changes made during the review period.
- Table the adoption of a proposed policy to awaiting further analysis by the policy committee.
If no policy is listed under first or second reading below, there are currently no policies up for review or approval. Policy revisions can be reviewed via AgendaManager, under agenda item 12: POLICY.
Policies currently recommended for first reading:
- Policy #226 - Searches
- Policy #541 - Benefits Part-Time
- Policy #615 - Payroll Deductions
- Policy #616 - Payment of Bills
- Policy #619 - District Audit
- Policy #621 - Local Taxpayers Bill of Rights
Policies currently recommended for second reading:
- Policy #207 - Confidential Information
- Policy #605 - Tax Levy
- Policy #606 - Tax Collection
- Policy #607 - Tuition Income
- Policy #608 - Bank Accounts
- Policy #612 - Purchases Not Budgeted
- Policy #613 - Cooperative Purchasing
- Policy #614 - Payroll Authorization